Highlights of the pilgrimage itinerary include:
- Four days in the Imperial City of Saint Petersburg, with visits to holy sites in the city and surrounding area, as well as historic imperial sites;
- Valaam Monastery visit and tour of island which is the center of Russian asceticism and spiritual struggle;
- Pentecost celebration at Sergiev Posad, to be led by His Holiness the Patriarch of Moscow and All-Russia;
- Visit to Suzdal and Vladimir, and veneration of holy sites;
- Four days in Moscow, visits to the Kremlin, the Moscow Patriarchate, and the main cultural and historic sites in the city.
Rev. Darko Spasojevic Elevated to the Rank of Protopresbyter
The community of faithful at Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral in Chicago festively celebrated the great Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy served by His Grace Bishop Longin of New Gracanica and Midwestern America, our diocesan hierarch.
During the course of the Hierachical Liturgy, at the Little Entrance, Bishop Longin elevated the Cathedral Dean, Fr. Darko Spasojevic, to the dignity of Protopresbyter in recognition of his years of service to the Cathedral community and as an encouragement to him in his future priestly ministry.
Concelebrating with Bishop Longin at the Nativity Liturgy were Cathedral clergy, as well as the Reverend Protodeacon Milovan Gogic, the diocesan deacon. Liturgical responses were offered by the Cathedral's Branko Radicevic choir under the directorship of popadija Jelena Vranic.
Following the Holy Eucharist at which many faithful approached the Holy and Lifegiving Mystery of Communion, Bishop Longin greeted the parishioners and spoke of the joy of the Feast and the incarnation and coming into the world of the Son of God. Photo Gallery.